Looking for a fun, cheap, friendly, comfortable, easy-going, historic place to stay in central Edinburgh that caters for backpackers, budget travellers, students, fellow world explorers etc? You found us! High Street Hostel can provide all you need for a great time in this beautiful city. Open year-round, we offer a gentle vibe with great facilities at budget prices.
Situated in a small street off the Royal Mile in the very heart of the Old Town surrounded by all that makes Edinburgh great – THE CASTLE, THE NIGHT- LIFE, THE CITY CENTRE – we are also just minutes from the Train, Bus station, and the Airport bus terminal. As Edinburgh's original backpackers hostel, High Street Hostel has been making backpackers feel at home since 1986. Come and meet our friendly staff, enjoy the history of the building, and check out everything that Edinburgh has to offer.
- DVD Library
- Non-Smoking Rooms
- WiFi Internet
- Street-Side Parking (Charges Apply)
- 24 hour Reception
Terms & Conditions
- Please note: NO under 18's allowed in the hostel.
- Please contact us directly if you wish to book for more than six people.
- We have a 48hr cancellation policy. Cancellations must be made 48 hours before 10.30am of the arrival date. No shows shall be charged the equivalent of the first nights’ accommodation.
- Please note that our check-in time is 2pm but guests are welcome to drop their bags off earlier and use the facilities the Hostel has to offer.
- Stag/Hens/Bucks/Party groups will not be accepted. If a booking is made and it is found upon arrival that you are one of these groups, the booking will not be honoured.
- Please note that our bathrooms are unisex (but with private cubicles of course).